I don’t know how to put this nicely, but Sunny has entered a new phase. I aim to be honest with you guys so we’re going to call this phase Stormy Sunny.
I don’t know who this child is or what she has done with my happy Sunshine Girl, but I would like her to return my child.
Over the past 3 days there have been tantrums, fits, screams, cries, no sleep, and one incident that resulted in Sunny smashing her jaw directly into the kitchen floor.
It got so bad that I called in the pros. I called Mother Dear yesterday waving the white flag. Mother Dear was quick to tell me that this is a tough phase of development and then she used the phrases, this will pass by 15 months! WHAT? I won’t make it 3 more months with Stormy Sunny!
Don’t get me wrong, for the most part she is plesant and cute, but there is this new edge or frustration to her. I think it’s a few things.
1. We were gone for a full week so she’s off her regular schedule.
2. She would like to walk, but she can’t seem to get her balance straight. So she attempts a few steps and some free standing but always falls down and cries.
3. She has so much to say. She’s a complete chatterbox and points to everything, but she only knows a few words and one phrase and that’s just not cutting it.
4. Noelle and Samara are away on vacation for 2 weeks and we typically see them everyday and go to the park.
5. She’s getting 2 new teeth and they just won’t break through the surface.
If my Sunshine were a little bit older I would explain to her that life can be very frustrating at times. We have to wait and wait and wait for our body to catch up with our mind, for things to work themselves out. But she’s 2 weeks from the big O.N.E. and she won’t get it. So instead when she flings her body onto the floor and turns into Stormy Sunny I sing Jesus Loves Me (more for me than her) and wait for the storm clouds to pass.
***We have a new Facebook tap at the top of site. If you’re on Facebook and would like updates and links please press LIKE and you shall receive…no waiting necessary 🙂
Leave a Reply